LLH
Lost Localhost

Where I was...

I was working at the paintball field. It was just Chris and I - the field was closed on Tuesday, but we had work to do. The only electricity we had was a generator to run the tools we needed to build the new awning on the main building. We had been working for a while when we needed more supplies from the main shop about 15 minutes away so we jumped into the truck to head back. I think when we first turned on the radio, we quickly changed the station trying to find some good music instead of talk - but when every station was void of anything pleasing to the ear, we listened. "An airplane has hit the world trade center". Our initial impression was probably what most would have had "What a horrible accident". It had just happened, and just as we got back to the main shop we heard a second one hit and we knew what was happening. We ran into the store and grabbed a cheap old TV to get some picture of the news. The TV was old and barely worked - we actually used three hangers and tin foil to get a fuzzy picture of two burning buildings. To be honest, I don't remember much after that.

That's where I was.

Of all the reasons for me never to forget my six years working for Badlandz, Bad Boyz Toyz, and Shocktech, that's the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment