LLH
Lost Localhost

Fort Hood...

I have a co-worker who's husband is at Fort Hood and even though her 24 year old heart only has to support like 100 pounds (while holding a brick in the rain), she still nearly had a heart attack. Thankfully, he called her and is safe. Unfortunatley, there are at least 13 other families who have lost a hero, 30 other families who have to deal with injuries, and coutless others who have been affected by the horrible actions of a man who didn't want to deploy - despite reaping the reward of the voluntary military system we have.

It's such a damn shame.

The NBC affilliate of my (and the big O's) hometown of Chicago had a pretty blistering report on the his initial response to the shootings.
-A Disconnected President

He's usually a great speaker, but apparently (I have yet to see the video) he dropped the ball on this one. Here's a spot where I'll cut him a bit of slack - but only a bit - there are far more important things to think about in this situation. His word selection and timeing are nowhere near the top of the list.

My prayers go out to the victims and families.
I'm imperfect so can not forgive in the way God would want me to, so I hope the attacker has a slow and painful death.

No comments:

Post a Comment