LLH
Lost Localhost

Talkin' 'bout my generation...

I just asked "So, assuming representatives truly represent the American people, why and how did this pass?"

Yet I think a large portion of my answer is in my post...
"Most adults under 30 approve of this plan"

The under 30 crowd. My generation. Many of whom might not get The Who reference in the title of this post. :) Many of which have succumbed to the 'gimme' mentality we have the stereotype for. Many of which have not finished college. Many of which have lost any sense of hard work. A generation which has a very short attention span. Most of my under 30 friends are hardcore liberals and it's so hard to understand why. When I really dig into it though it's because they fit into one of those categories. They have low paying jobs and blame the world on it. Maybe the stripping business wasn't the best life choice for you, and THAT's why you can't afford health insurance. Your career as an actor doesn't bring in the big bucks? Gee, that's no surprise. You didn't finish college and am struggling to jump-start your music career... you know in one of the hardest entertainment industries and can't afford the best health insurance? No-kidding... You dropped out of college and expect a great job? Despite how good of a person you are, why should I be forced to pay for your choices? To be fair, why should you have to pay for mine? God bless you all for doing something you believe in, but it's not my responsibility as a taxpayer to fill the gap in your pocket. (Perhaps my responsibility as a friend, but that is a not a mandate, or forced tax)

The sad thing is, all these people have or can get free/cheap health insurance. You get what you pay for. I don't have the best insurance because I choose to spend my money on other things like my home, a car, and cable TV. Plus when I do file a claim, I too have to pay thousands of dollars. Thanks God I finish college, didn't get hooked up on drugs or drinking, and realized that I only deserve what I work for and nothing should come free.

Man, I hate my generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment