LLH
Lost Localhost

Hypocrisy by the (face)book...

A wall post to a Wisconsin Union supporter:
"This reminds me of when the democrats crammed healthcare down the throat of the entire country, despite most of the people not wanting it. Politicians are shady. Good luck to you and Wisconsin."

I like to think I'm a pretty centrist guy and try my best to remain neutral when approaching and evaluating a situation. I didn't make a note of what "side" of the healthcare debate I was on, nor did I say anything bad about it. Perhaps just of the democrats, but I didn't say anything that was untrue. Wasn't that a pretty neutral evaluation? The person I posted it to didn't think so - so it was deleted. She's not a bad person, and I'd hate to imply that, but it did make me think of the hypocrisy of the liberal/tea party rivalry.

Liberals think Tea Partiers are racist, yet the main message is equality. The problem is that liberals don't want equality. They want the lesser to get more and the better to get less. I'm not contradicting myself here, there is a better and a lesser. Equality isn't about giving for free - it's about equal opportunity, not equal pay. You have the opportunity to do anything I can, but if you choose to use that opportunity and I don't, why should I be rewarded the same as you?

Liberals seem to have the mentality of "Someone can do it", while Tea Partiers seem to think "Hey, someone has to do it - I'll take care of it." This is evident in the difference between the trash at the Mall from the 8/28 Restoring Honor rally and the Obama inaugeration or the One Nation Rally.
The most recent example of this is in Wisconsin. The union folks protesting left the ground of the capital a disaster. The Tea Party decided to clean the place up with a "It's time to take out the trash" event.

The Tea Party group does not condone violence. They fight with votes - the same votes that put the republicans in control in Wisconsin. When the new healthcare plan is enacted, they fought with lawsuits. Meanwhile SEIU folks have been video taped beating those who don't agree with them, saying quite racist things, and even helping pimp out underage girls.
Oh yeah, and the death threats the MSM won't report on from Wisconsin. A Wisconsin news radio channel got a hold of one particular threat to GOP senators HERE.

As I mentioned earlier, no group is perfect. Are there racist, hating, abusive members of the Tea Party? Absolutely. Are there those same people on the left? Absolutely. So what group is more likley to support (or at least ignore) those issues, and who is more likely to stand up against it?

Getting back to what spawned my thought process: facebook and Wisconsin.
Getting a post deleted isn't a big deal. It's really not. But ignoring or sweeping aside an idea you don't agree with doesn't make it go away. Ignoring something or calling it false doesn't make it so. I do not know the intention of removing it, but I assume it's because they don't agree with what I said - though the only opinion pieces there were that the healthcare law was crammed (even those who like the law I doubt can disagree with that) and that politicians are shady. Where am I wrong?

As I mentioned in my last post, I think unions should be demolished as they exist today - but not in a legislative way. The GOP did things shady, but not illegal. To have people react the way they did is a damn shame. You don't like it? Move. That's the glory, and the reason, of States.

My last questions, and honest ones I'd love to get feedback from union folk in WS: Would you rather you pay more into your own pension and healthcare, which will retain your wealth to yourself, or would you rather the state raise taxes on everyone %33 to pay for your stuff? That's what my state did. I'm sure many of you would prefer the taxes, but how will that affect the rest of the state? How would that affect you? that's less money in your pocket AND your pension AND your healthcare. Wouldn't it be better to pay a bit more into your own stuff, and also stop paying union dues?

I'm all for bargaining, but not between unions and businesses, but between people and the taxpayers. It's a real simple reason why unions would never agree to referendum votes: they would lose every time.

----

One other random observation...
Gas prices go up a net of %7 in 26 months when a republican is in office, it's his fault
Gas prices go up a net of %67 in 25 months when a democrat is in office, he has nothing to do with it.
To be fair, neither president should be blamed for events outside their control - but would a liberal claim that?

No comments:

Post a Comment