LLH
Lost Localhost

Visualizing May...Week 3

I suck. This week I didn't have a lot of time to take cool, decent shots- or do cool things with water like I had planned. I still pulled seven shots from the week, but I can't guarantee when they were taken. I made up for it at the end of this though, I swear.

These pictures are pretty much a walk-through of my boring week.

May 15th (Missed)
New bar in peoria. Buddy Joel and wifey...
1/4 f/2.8 ISO200

May 16th
I found this as odd - so had to snap it...(his eyes followed me)
1/4 f/2.8 ISO200

May 17th (ish)
This one has a story. There is a relay for life group here in town that will drop off flamingos in a yard - for a price. It's a prank that includes a very well written explanation about the cause and also the opportunity to pay a small fee to have them moved to whatever yard you want them to goto. Our good friends sent them to us, and I was pretty surprised to come home to these.
2.5s f/2.8 IOS400

May 18th
A bird. Boring, I told you so.
1/4000 f/2.8 IOS100

May 19th (Missed)
Not too far from home are a couple lakes. This is the spillway for one of them.
1/250 f/8 IOS100

May 20th
Just above the spillway was a powerline with a bunch of fishing line on it.
1/640 f/9 IOS100 (why f/9? This is one of the only times I was in P mode)

May 21st
Walking on a nearby beach, we saw this little guy.
1/320 f/6.3 ISO100


OK, OK! I know these weren't the best. My apologies. To make it up, I have a video of something I've been playing with lately, and that also related to a picture this week. Someday once I've mastered basic photography concepts (i.e.-not now) I would love to dabble in the world of videography. I recently got a version of the Twixtor plugin to use in After Effects, which helps blend frames together when slowing them down by a large factor. This was my first attempt at it.



Movies make everything ok, right? Next week should be AWESOME. Reasons?

  • My flash unit came in two days ago
  • My 24-70 2.8L comes in on Tuesday
  • Other accessories come in by the end of the week
  • Friday we're shooting a graduation on the lake
  • Saturday we're shooting a birthday party
Awesome.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice!! I know how choppy slowed-down video can get.. good job.
can't wait to see more stuff.

lostlocalhost said...

I did a flag the other day - much brighter day so was able to do it at 1/4000 instead of 1/2000.

http://youtu.be/N5y5mI8gGQM

Post a Comment